Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Egypt Dec. 26-Jan. 4

This past Christmas break I had the wonderful opportunity to be a part of a group that traveled to Egypt. My visit to Egypt was an amazing experience. We were there for about 7 days and about 2 days of traveling. On December 26 we left the KC aiport, jumped to Memphis, and landed in Amsterdam for our 10 hour delay. Our group decided to embark out into the city and utilize the time we had. As many of us believed we could sleep when we arrived back home, but these 10 days were going to be well spent and full. Finally we boarded our plane for an average 7 hour flight. I could not sleep on the plane because I was definately too exicited. We touched down in Cairo at about 2:oo in the morning excited, tired, and our internal clocks a little crazy. We had left KC on the 26th, but it was now the 28th. The time difference in Cairo is 8 hours ahead of Kansas. We met our tour agency who helped us in the process of waiting around for about 20 peoples' luggage. After customs, luggage, and waiting, we boarded our bus and arrived at the Nile Hilton. Our excursion was to begin at about 10:00ish the following day. I could barely sleep as cheesy as that might sound, and I think I finally fell asleep around 5:00 a.m. My journey was about to begin. I was soon to learn about lessons in culture and history, and become very accustom to tipping. I could barely wait.
I went on the trip with about 19 other members from SC most whom were students. Our group would later meet up with a much smaller group in Aswan. I know there are hundreds of pictures on here many that I took. There are also quite a few taken by other members of the group. I managed some how to loose my camera one day, and luckily the crew found it for me!!! I hope you enjoy the pictures!!!

No comments: